Stowe, VT, October 12, 2010 – Casey Research, a leader in providing in-depth, independent analysis of high-growth investment opportunities, announced today Casey’s NextTen, the next generation of leaders in the natural resource industry.
Successful investors, like Casey Research founder Doug Casey, have long recognized that there are no more important considerations when investing than the people. For years, Casey Research has helped its subscribers succeed by closely following the careers of the most successful explorers in the industry, those top few percent who consistently generate the majority of returns for shareholders.
And now, it is proud to present the next generation of industry leaders to keep a close eye on — the top 10 up-and-coming resource stars 40 years and under who are already demonstrating a strong track record in innovation, exploration, and financing – Casey’s NexTen.
“There is no question that when following the right people, the resource sector can be an extremely lucrative place to invest,” said Marin Katusa, chief energy investment strategist, Casey Research. “Over his 40 years of investing, our founder Doug Casey noticed a pattern emerge that a mere 4 percent of the entrepreneurs in the resource sector came up with over 64 percent of the wins. That is why we concentrate our efforts on finding and investing with that 4 percent.”
Over the past five years, Casey’s team of analysts have met with company heads and geologists to get to know them in the office and in the field. Using Casey’s 8Ps investment methodology – People (the most important of all), Project, Politics, Paper, Promotion, Phinancing, Push, and Price – they were able to identify the next generation of professionals who will unlock some of the huge gains waiting in the resource sector.
The inaugural Casey NexTen include:
- #1 – Kevin Bambrough: President, CEO and Director, Sprott Resource Corp (TSX:SCP); President, Sprott Inc. (TSX:SII); Director, Sprott Asset Management; President, CEO, and Director, Sprott Consulting.
- #2 – Brian Dalton: President, CEO and Non-Independent Director, Altius Minerals (TSX:ALS).
- #3 – Pat DiCapo: Managing Director, PowerOne Capital Markets; Director, Exempt Market Dealers Association; Director, Petrolifera Petroleum Limited (TSX:PDP); Chairman, Governance Committee, Petrolifera Petroleum Limited.
- #4 – Amir Adnani: President, CEO and Director, Uranium Energy Corp (NYSE:UEC).
- #5 – Dr. Nicole Adshead-Bell: Vice President Investment Banking, Haywood Securities; Director, Association for Mineral Exploration British Columbia. Kevin Campbell: Vice President Investment Banking, Haywood Securities.
- #6 – Jorge A. Ganoza Durant: Geological Engineer, President, CEO, and Director, Fortuna Silver (TSX:FVI).
- #7 – Morgan Poliquin: President and COO, Almaden Minerals Ltd (TSX:AMM, NYSE:AMM).
- #8 – Govind Friedland: President and CEO, Govi High-Power Exploration (Private Company).
- #9 – Nolan Watson: President, CEO and Director, Sandstorm Resources Ltd. (TSX-V:SSL); Director, Gold Wheaton Gold Corp. (TSX:GLW).
- #10 – Robert John “Lucky Shot” McLeod: Director, Underworld Resources Inc. (Recently acquired by Kinross); Director, Keegan Resources Inc. (TSX:KGN); Director and VP Exploration, Full Metal Minerals Ltd. (TSX-V:FMM); Director, Nuukfjord Gold (now Revolution Resources, TSX:RV).
Maximum resource exploration profits depend on investing at the early stages of a company’s growth. Investing in the right companies run by the right people is crucial. Casey’s two premier advisory services – Casey’s Energy Report and Casey’s International Speculator – will track the progress of the NexTen and report on any breaking news or deals-in-the-making they are involved in, providing a unique opportunity for investors to be close to the action and aware of the best opportunities in resource exploration investing today.
To get more details on Casey’s NexTen and Marin Katusa’s top stock picks from this group, go to www.caseyresearch.com/nexten/.
Leave a Reply